Monday, July 30, 2012

Refrigerator Pickles


4 C sugar
4 C white vinegar
1/3 C salt
1 1/3 tsp turmeric
1 1/3 tsp celery seed
1 1/3 tsp mustard seed
10 medium cucumbers (4 lbs) sliced thin
3 onions sliced (more if you really like onion)
DO NOT COOK

Thoroughly mix spices, sugar, and vinegar. Fill jars with onion and pickles. Pour syrup over them. Refrigerate. Wait 5 days and EAT. Store up to 1 year in refrigerator.


I was given this recipe recently by a neighbor who lives down the road. She has a large farm and a wonderful garden! She gave me a jar of these pickles and they lasted a whole day at our house. They were fabulous!!  Let me know if you try them and how you liked them! I am anxious to try them myself.  Lyn

2 comments:

  1. It would be easier if you MADE THEM and shared your jar with your mother..... I know I like them as one of the RV ladies gave me some that she had made..... How about that idea?

    ReplyDelete