Monday, July 30, 2012

Hello All,

Our garden, which was a new adventure for us since we have moved here to Wisconsin, has a lot of room for improvement in the coming summers! The heat has not helped. We did receive a few tips from our neighbors - who are farmers... I think they just all laugh at us and say those Chicago Suburbanite folks! Joseph, my 14 yr old, had a nice little garden last summer in Cary, Il. We expanded on that and have gotten a few beans. Our tomatoes are doing very well and I was able to give a few to my neighbor, who said hers were not quite ready yet because she planted them a bit later to assure she had vegetables coming in stages and not all during her Rock County Fair time. Our corn flopped - but I hear Brent McGrean has some really good tomatoes?? Brent, let us know how your garden is doing! I am looking for a SALSA recipe. If anyone has one - would you be willing to share it?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Neice,

    The easiest and great taste for Salsa that we have found is Mrs Wages Salsa Mix that you can buy at stores or Walmart. It has all the spices and all you have to do is add your chopped tomatoes. Of course we may add a few more groud up HOT peppers. Give it a try, you might like it and sooo easy to can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aunt Trudy! I will get some next time we are at the store. I am anxious to try it! With Love, Lyn

    ReplyDelete